Exciting Pre-K, Pre-School and Toddler Teacher Position Located In Brookline Massachusetts.
We are a premier early childhood education and care center where children can flourish in a safe and loving environment as they develop to their full capacity. Our primary goal is to provide an opportunity for each child to explore, to gain self-confidence, and to develop a lifelong love of learning. Our teachers work as a team and with our children’s caregivers to ensure that each child has access to excellent care and experiences that add value to the time they spend in our care.
We are seeking a Pre-K teacher who would take joy in making a difference in the lives of our children and who would find inspiration in working as part of a highly talented team of teachers. We are very proud of the fact that our teachers rarely leave our school, and so we are seeking someone who would be willing to make a commitment to the high standards of our school.
The teacher who joins our staff must not only have the credentials and character that contribute to quality care of children, but must also be an outstanding communicator and relationship-builder with parents. We value our teachers and recognize the positive and extraordinary differences they can make in the lives of children and families.
PRE-K TEACHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Classroom management – inspire, guide, and support children 4 through 5-and-a-half.
- Plan daily lessons consistent with preparing children for Kindergarten.
- Administer and evaluate child assessments.
- Daily communication with parents.
- Prepared to teach reading literacy to children.
- Maintain a well-organized and smoothly running classroom.
- Promote empathy in children through warm hugs, smiles, nurturing language, and positive guidance.
- Read frequently to children and discuss storylines to help children explore new concepts and language.
- Create meaningful connections with children to enhance the foundation for social-emotional skills.
- Maintain Department of Early Education & Care (EEC) regulations at all times to ensure excellence and compliance.
- Uphold the vision, professionalism and philosophies of our school.
- Teacher-certified by the Department of Early Education and Care. (college degree a plus)
- Must be able to stand on your feet for up to 90% of the day, capable of lifting up to 30 pounds, able to sit on the floor and crouch down, and perform all activities with the children including running, jumping, etc.
- Must be able to work a full-time schedule.